NYC Pride is committed to sustainability in everything we do. Below please find all the ways we are dedicated to delivering on sustainability including ways you can contribute to a sustainable experience!
- NYC Pride will limit the use of date-specific signage and materials so they can be reused for future pride events. NYC Pride will reuse non-branded items from previous years for this year's event. Signage/collateral/fencing materials that cannot be reused will be donated to a recycling company.
- NYC Pride will use Certified Green energy distributors and renewable Energy Certified generators on site.
- Sponsors/Partners/Exhibitors will all be encouraged to limit handouts (key chains, pens, leaflets, etc.) and prioritize recyclable/compostable materials for activations and giveaways. Food vendors will be encouraged to use biodegradable utensils.
- NYC Pride will provide refillable water stations wherever possible and discourage vendor/partner use of single-use containers.
- Recycling stations will be available at all NYC Pride events. NYC Pride will contract recycling crews at events to ensure proper waste management. Staff and Volunteer training will include proper waste management protocol.
- Events involving food will work with food redistribution and composting services to minimize food waste.
- Eco-friendly toiletries will be provided at NYC Pride events.
- Marching groups are encouraged to use bubbles vs. confetti.
- NYC Pride will endeavor to use electric golf carts.
- Place items that need to be discarded in designated trash/ recycling receptacles.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- If you see trash on the ground, do your part and pick it up!
- Once your Pride weekend is over, donate your outfit.
- Use public transportation – it’s faster and better for the environment
- Purchase mindfully! Be aware of your waste and purchasing things that you might not need/use later.
- Use digital tickets and registration whenever possible.
- Bring a bag to carry all the swag and merch that you accumulate throughout the day!
- Bring your own silverware and straw!
- If you want to go the extra mile, volunteer!