NYC Pride is an organization committed to the wellness of all attendees. Below please find all the ways we are dedicated to enhancing wellness including ways you can contribute to making this a great experience!
- Hand sanitizer will be available on site.
- NYC Pride will have roving EMS on site.
- First Aid services will be available in a dedicated wellness area, which will include seating, sunglasses (when applicable), earbuds, fans, imagery, and turf. Signage will be easily visible and strategically placed.
- Volunteers will prioritize the elderly, and others who feel their mental health is at risk during the events.
- Content warnings will be posted in advance. Services will be available to those experiencing sensory processing disorders who may be triggered by loud sounds/music, large groups, bold colors, and on-screen visuals.
- ID’s will be checked at 21+ events. A variety of non-alcoholic beverage/mocktail options will be offered, as appropriate.
- Consideration will be given for dietary restrictions and health-conscious food options. Food signage will be highly visible, and servers will be trained accordingly.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home to keep others safe.
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water.
- Don’t drink if you are under the age of 21.
- Know your limits regarding alcohol and drug use – Be safe and keep your brain awake and alert.
- Protect yourself if you have sex.
- Consent is necessary – seek it always, this includes taking photos.
- Avoid consuming items that are not sealed other than NYC Pride staffed bars.
- Do not consume drinks from strangers – keep your drinks close.
- Don’t stand too close to speakers.
- Wear sunscreen and bring lip balm.
- Find physical shade and cool off – take breaks from the sun.
- Bring hand sanitizer and wash your hands when you can.
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes.